Compatibility is the major and most important part of the testing. If use of our system is not compliable with user environment and your product is not user friendly it affect the software sell and also revenue. This testing method is most important for ecommerce application where large number of user interact daily.
Compatibility testing, part of software non-functional tests, is testing conducted on the application to evaluate the application’s compatibility with the computing environment. Computing environment may contain some or all of the below mentioned elements:
- Computing capacity of Hardware Platform (IBM 360, HP 9000, etc.)..
- Bandwidth handling capacity of networking hardware
- Compatibility of peripherals (Printer, DVD drive, etc.)
- Operating systems (MVS, UNIX, Windows, etc.)
- Database (Oracle, Sybase, DB2, etc.)
- Other System Software (Web server, networking/ messaging tool, etc.)
- Browser compatibility (Firefox, Netscape, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.)
Browser compatibility testing can be more appropriately referred to as user experience testing. This requires that the web applications are tested on different web browsers, to ensure the following:
- Users have the same visual experience irrespective of the browsers through which they view the web application.
- In terms of functionality, the application must behave and respond the same way across different browsers.