CAPABILITY MATURITY MODEL INTEGRATION (CMMI)
Carnegie Mellon University (CMU), USA, developed a process improvement training and appraisal program required by many DoD and U.S. government contracts, especially in the field of software development Other industries that come under it are: Manufacturing, Financial, Aerospace, Computer hardware, Defence, and Telecommunications, etc.. Maturity levels defined by CMMI for process are: Initial, Managed and defined. CMMI version1.3 is currently supported. CMU has registered CMMI in U.S. patent and trademark office.
CMMI version 1.3 is released for three areas of interest:
1. Product and service development – CMMI for Development (CMMI-DEV): provides a set of guide lines for development of products and services.
2. Service establishment, management, and delivery -CMMI for Services (CMMI-SVC): provides guidance for delivering services within an organization and to external customers.
3. Product and service acquisition -CMMI for Acquisition (CMMI-ACQ):It focus on supply chain management ,acquisition and outsourcing processes in the industry.
In order to meet business goals of an organization CMMI models provide guidance for developing and improving processes and as a framework for appraising the process maturity of the organization.
Why WE Are Best:
Precise Testing solutions have best consultants for providing services in CMMI audit.
Services provided by Us:
- High practice maturity implementation assessment for a period of six months.
- Modified processes institutionalization.
- Original Innovation Deployment Evaluation.
- Innovative process Institutionalized as systematic operational processes.
- Quantitative improvement in Quality and Process Performance Objectives and business results.
- Gap Analysis of an Organization’s Software Delivery Processes vis-à-vis the latest version of the Model and CMMI Project kick-off with roadmap.
- Existing weaknesses of the original processes definition elimination.
- Provides training for the latest CMMI – Development Model.
- Training and workshops on Statistical Techniques for Quantitative Project Management on Minitab (Statistical Software) with prototypes.
- Workshops on Construction of Process Implementation Indicator Descriptions (PIIDs).
- Changes to QMS/BMS based on pilot feedback.
- Identification, pilot and deployment of innovational process improvements across the organization.